Friday, October 07, 2005

Anthrax Shots

“This country has the finest military in the history of mankind, one fully made up of volunteers. No institution is as representative of this great immigrant nation than the military.” – Tom Brokaw

That’s right baby, the proud servicemen and women. Totally made up of volunteers of this great nation. I guess Tom said that today when awarded by the Association of The United States Army. I’m glad I’m starting to feel a little more patriotic. It’s a very good feeling to have. I was never that patriotic till after 9/11. It hit me a little hard and I had a lot of pride in my country. It was nice to see Old Glory flying everywhere. It’s kind of sad that people don’t share their patriotism until after something bad happens to the country. I hope my son will be old enough to remember. He was about 3 years at the time and he always reminded me of the National Anthem when he heard it.

Well, I got an Anthrax shot today. I figured, what the heck, might as well. I like to make sure nothing bad will happen, in case it does. I think postal workers have more to worry about than me. We’re told that Anthrax is still a strong threat. I’m pretty sure and terrorists don’t care if they injure or kill their own people. So I went ahead and went for it. I also got the smallpox vaccine plus a flu shot. Let me think of what other things they could give me. Shoot, pretty soon I’ll be immune to everything.

Tomorrow we’re going to do some rehearsals for the practical training that we’ll be doing on Sunday. It’s going to be a long day tomorrow and I don’t think we’ll be back until 2200 hours. I just hope it doesn’t get cold and it doesn’t rain. I’m looking forward to the training and I hope I don’t get bored from not getting any action.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I heard Anthrax hurts like hell. You made it sound like you had a choice as to whether or not you got it. At least I didn't think you had a choice to say no without repercussions.

As for Patriotism...I was raised in a family with service members so we always had a strong support of our military and pride that we were blessed to be born here. However, there was a definite surge post 9-11. It further pushed my desire to serve.

10/10/2005 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter