Thursday, September 29, 2005




It’s been raining off and on all day today. Today was our last day off. I wasn’t depressed about it until we were almost back on post. For some reason I miss my family. I didn’t as much before then as I do now. I called my wife to say hello. The kids were already asleep. I’ll have to call back tomorrow and see if I could talk to the kids. I can’t wait to see how they’re doing.

We had to check out of the motel by noon today. We were all low on cash so there wasn’t much we could do today. We had pretty much been all over downtown Seattle. It’s a pretty nice city. The place is pretty old but it’s still pretty nice. I’d have to get used to living here if I moved. At least the weather was nice for two of the three days we were there.

We spent most of the day at a bar, watching a college football game. We did go to a coffee shop and have a cup of Joe. There’s a coffee shop on almost every corner in Seattle. It’s kind of funny. I guess people in Seattle really like their coffee. The city isn’t too much different from Phoenix or any other city for that matter. It’s very commercialized so a lot of places like McDonalds, Starbucks, and Krispy Kreme will be found in Phoenix as well.

I didn’t want to leave today. I wish our stay in town were longer. I would’ve gone home if that were the case. I did enjoy my freedom while I was gone. I miss driving too. It was pretty nice to be back in a city. It’s not like city living here on post. Everything on the base is spread out and there are trees and forest everywhere between.

Tomorrow it’s back to work. I’m not even in the mood to get back to work and tomorrow is Friday too. It sucks. I hope we don’t work too hard this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter