Wednesday, September 28, 2005





What can I say about Seattle? Well, for one, it’s different. If you miss a turn on a street be prepared to go a few blocks before your able to turn around. There isn’t a street sign on every corner like in Phoenix. They don’t let you drink when your drunk, it’s against the law. There is no nightlife during the weeknights. It’s too bad that I didn’t get any days off on the weekend.

I rented a car with a few buddies of mine. We got a motel in Sea-Tac. It’s about 16 miles south of Seattle. We went up the Space Needle yesterday morning. We also visited the Seattle Aquarium. Today we went to Pioneer Square; it’s a historic part of Seattle. I guess it’s where Seattle started. We also checked out Pike’s Market Place. It’s like a swap meet in a building that also goes into the street.

The weather hasn’t been all that bad. It’s been sunny for the past couple of days. It’s supposed to start getting cloudy tomorrow and raining by the weekend. It hasn’t been as cold as I thought it would be. I thought I might be freezing my butt off at night but I haven’t. Maybe it’s because I’ve been walking all over downtown Seattle.

I did get a chance to check out Safeco Field. It’s where the Seattle Mariners play. The Mariners are on their last home stand and their playing the Texas Rangers right now. The ballpark reminds me of Bank One Ballpark. I think Bank One Ballpark was built before Safeco Field. We also got to check out Qwest Stadium. It’s where the Seattle Seahawks play. Both of the stadiums are built right next to each other.

We did walk up and down the piers and check out some of the shots. Well, I’m getting tired now. Tomorrow is our last free day off. We have to be back for duty on Friday. I’m not sure what we’ll do tomorrow. We’ve been taking it as it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter