Saturday, September 24, 2005

I’m getting a pass pretty soon. That’ll be pretty cool. I can’t wait. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet. A few buddies and me are thinking of going into Seattle. We’ll see what happens. I’d like to go sightseeing. We’re only getting three days so it’s not worth flying home. It cost a lot of money for an airline ticket too.

We went to the simulator today. It was ok. I don’t know if it was worth it though. We spend all morning getting ready to go to the simulator. When we got there we froze our butts outside, waiting for the guys to get set up. Afterwards, we went into the classroom to wait some more. A few of the guys went over convoy operations to kill some waiting time. The guys that spoke were talking over their experience in country.

When we finally got to go into the simulator after the operator got everything set up. My squad got into position and started the scenario. The whole scenario only took like 10 minutes. We went over two different scenarios all together. The scenarios were all right. I can’t get into too many details about the simulators here because of military security. A few buddies and me joked that we like the HALO scenarios on the X-Box simulator better. LOL!

I’ve been getting hooked on that X-Box game console that we have in the barracks here. It’s been fun and it’s quickly becoming a nightly routine. I go over to see the guys once in a while, playing Halo. It’s a pretty cool video game. I’m starting to get better. I’m glad because they were kicking my butt at first. Now I’m starting to become the hunter. Mainly because I’ve watched the way they’ve played and I’ve learned a few mistakes from playing the game.

This afternoon we played some basketball for PT. We all sucked but it was real fun. One of the Sergeants is pretty tall so his game was pretty good. Plus I think he plays a little bit on his free time. I think he was the best player there. As for me, I’m terrible. I would help if I had more height. It’s ok though; I could work on other things like speed and skills.

Tomorrow we’re supposed to go to a different simulator. Hopefully that one is a lot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter