Thursday, September 15, 2005

PAY DAY!!! YES!!! Not only that, we have wireless Internet in the barracks now as well. Woohoo!!! Yippee!!! So this day has turned out pretty good, not only that, we went to the Shoot House today and we didn’t do too bad. It’s the first time that I’ve shot live ammo in such a close proximity of other soldiers. We entered a building and shot targets going from room to room. It was very dangerous and the risk was pretty high. It’s something that we have to get used to doing before we go to Iraq. I have to learn to trust my buddies.

There really isn’t any room for any error. If we don’t watch what we’re doing someone could get killed. We always check our buddy’s weapons to make sure they are on safe. We check to make sure that they aren’t masking, pointing their weapon, at someone else. It’s a dangerous job but someone has to do it.

I had lots of fun going thru the Shoot House today. I think that’s because I’m a SAW gunner and I get to fire off more rounds than the riflemen. The only problem is that the SAW get really heavy after awhile. It’s ok though. I guess I’ll have to do some working out at the gym so I could handle that baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter