Thursday, September 08, 2005

Left…Right o’ Left…Right o’ Left…Right o’ Left…Right ‘o Left Right Left. Your Left Right…your Left Right. A marching we will go along. We’re starting to march and sing cadence everywhere we go. O’ the old Army songs. I got a book on cadences since I’ve forgot a few. I love to get up there and march the platoon to cadence. I’ll have to do it more often when I have the opportunity.

This morning we had a few more briefings on Army Values, Military Justice, and Equal Opportunity. I don’t remember so much emphasis on the Army Values when I first came it. I think it’s good that the Army if focusing on values. The acronym is LDRSHIP. L stands for Loyalty: Bear true faith and allegiance to the US Constitution, the Army, my unit, and other soldiers. D is for Duty: Fulfill my obligation. R is for Respect: Treat people as they should be treated. S stands for Selfless-Service: Put the welfare of the nation, the Army, and my subordinates before my own. Honor: Live up to all the Army values. Integrity: Do what’s right, legally and morally. And Personal Courage: Face fear, danger, or adversity (Physical or Moral).

I think they are good principles to live by. Like I said before I think it’s about time the Army is putting focus on these principles. I might come in real handy sometime in Iraq if we’re in a sticky situation.

This afternoon we did some PT and afterwards we were introduced to some combatives. We’ll be spending the whole day tomorrow doing combatives. Hopefully, we’ll have so much combative training that I won’t have to worry about what moves to execute and how to execute them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter