Sunday, September 04, 2005




We did some more PT today. I’m looking forward to seeing a lot more PT. Yesterday afternoon I conducted PT for the platoon and I really worked the abs. I know because I could feel a little soreness in my abs today. We did a little stretching, some calisthenics, and we went on a run for like 30 minutes. It was like 0515 in the morning when we started our PT. We decided that since we were everyone else in the other barracks was sleeping and we had to be up to do PT we’d wake them up. So we did. We were loud and motivated during cadence this morning. We ran all over North Fort waking everyone up. We were pretty motivated too.

Afterwards we had our breakfast, shit, showered and shaved. We got prepared to head out to the land navigation course. It wasn’t a bad course. In fact, it was one of the easiest courses to walk that I’ve ever had in the Army. The only problem was that a few of the points were a little hard to find. I paired up with my troop, PFC Holzer and we headed out to find our four points. We got side tracked finding our first point because we listened to the advise of another team. They had good intentions but the information they gave us was wrong. We would come to find out later that the point we were at was not the right one.

We finished the course in 2 hours. We had a 3-hour time limit to find 3 out of 4 points. I’m glad this course wasn’t like Camp San Luis Obispo. That land navigation course was a pain in the ass. This one was basically flat.

The only thing about this land nav course was going thru some of the brush. Another thing that surprised me was the anthill. I could not believe it when I seen it. I’ve heard about them before but I didn’t believe it. I wish I would’ve taken a picture of one to post on the website here. I’ll try to get a picture of one later. They were huge! I heard some went up to 5 feet! They were anthills that were covered with ants! And they were huge! I’ve never seen anything like this before in my life. I was expecting to see some giant ants too but they were just the regular sized ants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter