Thursday, August 25, 2005

Got some more info today. E-mails, one passed down from General Schoomaker, passed down Army wide. "OPSEC IS A CHAIN OF COMMAND RESPONSIBILITY. IT IS SERIOUS BUSINESS AND WE MUST DO A BETTER JOB ACROSS THE ARMY. THE ENEMY AGGRESSIVELY "READS" OUR OPEN SOURCE AND CONTINUES TO EXPLOIT SUCH INFORMATION FOR USE AGAINST OUR FORCES. SOME SOLDIERS CONTINUE TO POST SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO INTERNET WEBSITES AND BLOGS, E.G., PHOTOS DEPICTING WEAPON SYSTEM VULNERABILITIES AND TACTICS, TECHNIQUES, AND PROCEDURES. SUCH OPSEC VIOLATIONS NEEDLESSLY PLACE LIVES AT RISK AND DEGRADE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF OUR OPERATIONS." In other words, I have to watch what I post here. I know that some of the information could be sensitive and confidential information. I wouldn't want it to get into the wrong hands.

Well, here I go with the sensitive information. LOL! I won't disclose too much. The second e-mail I received was from operations. Tomorrow I have to report for duty. It's almost time. Just means that we're getting closer to deployment. We leave on Monday morning. I have a few days left to get whatever it is I need to do before I leave. It's going to get a little crazy.

This evening I went out to dinner, again. This time with my parents. They took me out to Sizzler. The food was really good. I had steak and shrimp. It's the usually Army meal before the begining or at the end of an operation. I figured I'dmake it a steak and shrimp because it'll be my final meal with my parents until I get back. Hopefully I'll be able to come home for Thanksgiving. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter