Sunday, August 21, 2005

Well today I went to see family. This morning started out with my brother-in-law Andy. We had some Menudo and Tacos at a taco stand in Southwest Phoenix. He asked me about my mission, where I was going, how long I was going to be gone. I told him that we were going to have M-9s and M-16s. I'm hoping and I'd rather have the M-4s than the M-16s. Their lighter and shorter with the same accuracy and range as the M-16. We'll be trained on other weapon systems while I'm at Ft. Lewis but the M-16 will be our primary weapon. It's also my primary weapon of choice. I do like the SAWs and 50-cal though. I'll take those if I have to. I want to thank Andy for taking me out. I really appreciate it. He's a good brother to have.

Afterwards I went to see my Dad. I love spending time with him. I hate to see him get older. I think my son Peter is going to take it the same way. He's really attached to me. He's going to miss me on this deployment. My Dad always says the same thing, "Always have someone with you wherever you go". I'm pretty sure that I won't go anywhere alone. I like being with my Army Buddies anyways.

This afternoon I got to see my newly born Nephew, Marco. He is so cute! I wanted to take him home. I have enough boys anyways. I'm happy for Lucy. I'm sure she'll take good care of him. I hope to see him again, all grown up, when I get back. He'll be walking and talking by the time I get back.

Well, I called my Tia Barb and she's going to take me out to diner. Looks like I might be able to eat out everyday this week! Nice! My Mom is going to take me out this week too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter