Friday, September 02, 2005

Sleep. I need some sleep! We wake up at 0400 hours every morning and it seems like we don’t get to sleep until 2300 hours. I’m glad we didn’t do PT this morning. I really wasn’t in the mood for that. It’s too freaking cold in the morning to do PT here. We did PT yesterday morning and I did not want to get down on the grass. It was all cold and wet from the dew that was condensating on it. Luckily we didn’t have to do it because we were going to the range early in the morning.

I was glad we didn’t have to do PT. We just stood in formation and had in-ranks inspection conducted by the 1st Sergeant. He basically wanted to make sure that all our equipment was correctly worn and that we weren’t missing anything. He’s a pretty cool 1st Sergeant and I like him a lot.

I was a first time go on the range today. I had to zero my rifle in first. It only took me 9 shots to do it. Afterwards we had to qualify on another range with our gas mask on. That was the hard part because for some reason my mask didn’t seal correctly. So one of my eyepieces was covered every time I exhaled. It just made it harder for me to see through my right eyepiece. I still got all of my shots because the target was only a 25-meter target. I’ll have to check my mask tonight and make sure it’s ready for tomorrow because I think we’ll be using the mask again on the range.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey big Brother its me david, father want's to know why don't you just get a new mask? Will you be able to repair it?
Make sure you get enough Sleep.

Later Soldier

9/02/2005 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter