Saturday, October 01, 2005

I passed my PT test today. I’m pretty happy about it. I was pretty confident that I would pass. I did just as well as I wanted to do, nothing more, nothing less. I was right where I wanted to be. I just hated the fact that it was cold and wet. I was glad it didn’t rain. I’d hate to do a PT test in the rain and the Army doesn’t care. The Army says, “If it ain’t raining, we ain’t raining.” I think the Army likes to operate on Hell on Earth. I’ve done it before so I know how misery feels. It makes me pray to God and look for hope. I always try to look at the bright side in bad times, like cold wet weather. Now it’s time for me to start working on my waist and getting a little leaner. I might start going to the gym after hours. Only thing is that by the end of the day I’m all worn out and I really don’t feel like doing anything else. My nights go by pretty quick because I’m pretty occupied.

After the PT test we got measured for our height and weight. If we’re overweight we have to get measured for our body fat percentage. The Army has limits on the amount of body fat that is allowed. As for me, I have to work on some of my body fat. It’s not too bad but it needs to get better. I would like to get down to 20% body fat. That would be ideal for me. I guess I’m going to stop eating all the cookies that we’re getting and all the other snacks. I do love cookies but they have to get cut from my diet if I want to lose some fat.

I had weapons guard with another solider of mine. He’s a pretty good troop; it’s just that he talks too much. I was trying to write a letter to my Son and Aunt and he keep interrupting me. I say he’s a good troop because after being busted down in rank, he still has a good attitude and he knows his job from experience. He isn’t afraid to share his knowledge. I’m always open for suggestions and feedback. I’d like to see what I could learn and what I could share from my own experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter