Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It Rained?

I woke up this morning and went to the latrine. I overheard a conversation from some of the guys that were in there that it rained last night. Actually it rained in the early morning. They said that they heard it around 0500 hours and there was some freaking crazy Joe outside their crib yelling, “It’s raining! It’s raining!” They were ready to go outside and tell him to shut the f*#@ up. Anyway, I sort of believe it except for the fact that the ground doesn’t look to wet. I would’ve never known if I didn’t hear about it. I’m surprised the ground isn’t muddy. I guess it didn’t rain that much. If so, I think it’ll be the most significant amount of rain we’ve had here since April. It’s been that long. This place really is a desert.

It was kind of overcast all day today. It never rained but it was never that cloudy either. Any clouds in the sky were high clouds, like it’s been for the past several months. I haven’t seen any low clouds for a while and it hardly ever gets cloudy here. It the sky is dark it’s mostly because it’s filled with dust. If that’s the case it’ll be windy and the sky will have that brown haze look that’s typical of LA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter