Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Getting Ready

I feel sick. I don’t know why. It’s not too bad though. I’m just feeling a little light headed and it seems like a headache. It’s really mild. I think I’ll feel better after I have some dinner tonight.

We had a very easy mission today. Anytime we go to the IZ it’s pretty much a simple trip. It takes us longer to get everyone ready than it takes us to get to the IZ. We have to make sure we have everything and all the checks are done. We have to check our radios to make sure they work. We usually make sure we have enough fuel and all the equipment that we’re going to need for our trip. And we make sure we have plenty of Gatorades and water to drink.

We’ll stop before we leave the camp and get some ice for the ice chest. We hate to go without having cold drinks for the drive. It’s not like there’s a Circle K or 7-Eleven on every corner over here. I make sure I have everything I need like my gloves, goggles, and earplugs. It would get loud if I have to fire my weapon and I don’t want to go deaf.

The weather here is becoming nicer. It did get a little hot again earlier this week but its seemed to cool back down. Maybe there was some high pressure or something. It’s still been dry and it hasn’t rained here since April. The days are getting shorter too. I’m not sure when the sun rises since I don’t get up that early anymore. The sun usually sets around 1900 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter