Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Day Behind & A Day Ahead

It’s really weird watching football over here. I woke up this morning looking to see if my ASU Sun Devils had beat Colorado. I was happy to hear that they won. I wasn’t too surprised and I expected them to beat a struggling Buffalo team. I’m an ASU fan obviously so I have to keep up with the Sun Devils.

I saw highlights of other games like the Oregon/Oklahoma game and the Michigan/Notre Dame game over the internet. It’s really weird because I saw the end of the Oregon/Oklahoma game in the chow hall even though I new the outcome. That’s the way it seems over here. We find out who won what game before we even get to see the game. I wish I could see the future like this back home. If I did I’d be so rich from betting.

Of course the games back home are played at night. College Football games are played on Saturday night, Sunday morning. NFL games are played Sunday night, Monday Morning. There’s no thing as Monday Night Football over here. I like to call it Tuesday Morning Football.

I’d like to stay up and see some of the games but I just can’t. I usually just end up watching the replays on AFN. There is some good coming out of it. The games seem like they’re edited for time. Most of the commercials are cut out and the game seems to go at a faster pace. I could end up watching a football game over here within 90 minutes. The other day while at the gym I swear the West Virginia/Maryland game was on only for an hour.

2 Comments:

Blogger AtriaBooks said...

Do the Miami Hurricanes stink there too? :)

9/17/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger kbug said...

Hahaha, too bad we can't watch the games without commercial interruption..... :)

9/17/2006 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter