Thursday, September 07, 2006

Morning Nightmare and The Harvest Moon

We were supposed to link up until 0715 hours this morning. So I set my alarm clock for 0615 so I would have enough time to brush my teeth, shave, and get dressed. Things didn’t happened the way I had planned. It wasn’t because my alarm clock failed to go off or because I set it for the wrong time. It’s because early in the morning, around 0530 hours, I started to hear some mumbling coming from the other side of the room. It was from my roommate, The Big Man.

The random mumbling woke me up this morning. I wasn’t sure what was going on. I thought he might be groaning because of what happened yesterday. He came back from the gym last night with pain in his groin. When he came in the room last night he said, “I think I busted a Nut! Ooh! Ahhh!” I busted out laughing when he told me. He knows I felt sorry for him but it didn’t stop me from laughing at his pain. I guess he was squatting some heavy weight when he felt the pain occur in his groin. It caused him pain all night last night. He thinks he might have a hernia.

Well this morning I heard him mumble something so I hesitated to say anything. Maybe he wasn’t saying anything to me, then it got louder and louder. I didn’t want to wake him up. I figured I’d take the opportunity to see what he said, if anything. Then he began to scream. It had me confused for a minute. What the hell was going on??? It started soft but gradually became louder and louder. The funny thing was he was screaming like a girl. Then I realized that he was trapped in a nightmare and he was trying to get out. So, after I figured I’d had enough early morning entertainment, I tried to wake him up. “Eddie! Eddie! Hey! Hey! SGT R.! Wake up!!!” Finally he snapped out of it. I wanted to laugh my ass off but held back. “Man, are you ok? Are you in pain because of your balls or were you having a nightmare?” I asked. He didn’t say anything and got up. He got turned on his light, got dressed, and went out the door. I didn’t know were he left but he left his light on. It was 0530 in the morning and I wanted to get the last 45 minutes of sleep I had left. It was of no use. I couldn’t fall back asleep all morning.

On a side note, I walked out of the MWR tent tonight around 2200 hours on my way back to the crib when I looked up to check out the moon. I knew it was just a full moon last night or the night before. I'm not sure. Anyway, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or I was going blind when I started to notice a blur on the northern tip. I thought my eyesite might be going bad but it looked too strange. Usually when the moon goes through it's phases we see the dark side from the left or right, not from the top of the moon. What's going on with the Hadji moon? So I went out to my Humvee to grab my binos and check it out. I looked up and noticed that there was a shadow on it. I thought it was strange because it was just in the full moon phase. Usually there isn't a visable terminator on the moon at this phase. I'm an astronomy enthusiast so I'm always interested and looking at the moon, the planets, the stars, and constellations. Something had to be going on so that's when I came here into the internet trailer to do a little news search on the moon. Sure enough, there's a partial lunar eclipse of the moon tonight that's visable from Africa to Australia.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you mention The moon thing, very interesting I also am a astronomy enthusiast. I noticed on the way to work today we had a full white moon and it was about 7:00am very bright outside and if I could remember already warm outside.(Arizona)Anjelic :)

9/08/2006 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter