Sunday, September 03, 2006

Mission or No Mission

There were so many rumors this morning whether we were going out on mission or not. I didn’t really care to go. It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s just that I’d rather spend the day as a Fobbit like a lot of other Joes do. Well, this morning I started getting ready to go out on mission. There was word that we might be standing down but we weren’t sure. The Big Man went to the latrine when he got up and got word from our squad leader that we were on standby. Too bad I was already up, dressed, and ready to go. I tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn’t.

A few minutes later, Useless comes knocking on our door. He came to get The Big Man and tell him that they were waiting for everyone at the linkup point. I told Useless that we just got word to stand by a few minutes ago. I asked him if the squad leader was out there and he said no. So, I wasn’t too concerned about going out there. The last word I got was to standby for further instructions.

So finally, after he came by a third time I had enough. I had to find out for myself what was going on. I went out and over to The Colonel’s room to see him. I told him that Useless was trying to get The Big Man and if we were actually going out. Unfortunately we were. It wasn’t too big of a deal, I was already dressed and ready to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter