Friday, August 25, 2006

The Downhill Slope

It seems as if we’re on the downhill slope now. Finally, our time appears to be getting short. We still have a few more months to go but it seems that everyone is ready to go home. Very few of the guys have volunteered to extend and stay here for up to another year. I’ve even contemplated the idea myself. Then I thought about my family and my boys. They need me more back home more then they need me over here. If I were single perhaps I would consider it. I do miss being back home and think about it a lot more often now. I think I’m ready. I’m ready to board that plane and fly home with the rest of the guys.

It was hard for me to make a decision early on in the mission. I wasn’t sure whether it was a good decision for me to volunteer to stay here. After about 8 months here my mind was made up. I’m ready to go home. I’m actually looking forward to it now and I’m hoping that nothing happens. Not just to me but to anyone for that matter. It would totally suck to be here for like 11 months just to end up a casualty.

2 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

I will continue to pray that you make it home safely, I am sure that day will be a wonderful memory for you and your kids. I think you are right, you have served our country well, and you deserve to go home. Thanks!! God bless.

8/25/2006 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have done your time Kiddo ... Admirable that you considered extending, but you're right, your Wife & Boys need you at home! Never say the word casualty, Bad Karma : >)

Be safe and keep blogging. I want to hear the stories about reuniting with your wonderful family. That will be the perfect ending to your story.

How are the kids in Iraq? I can not help but wonder how they are being impacted by all of the crap going on over there. I hope we (the soldiers) can show them we are not the bad guys.

Arent't you glad you were raised in good ole AZ? Heat shouldn't bother you at all!

StrykerMom

8/25/2006 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter