Thursday, September 28, 2006

A New Humvee

Why I ask? I don’t know why? Why now? Am I complaining? Not really. It would’ve been nice to have one earlier but now that we’re short time it really doesn’t matter. I guess it’ll make it that much more enjoyable. We could go out on our last few missions in a brand new Humvee.

There are some differences between the new Humvee and the one we had before. For starters, everything is new. The seats inside were still wrapped in plastic and it smelled just like a new car. The paint inside was green and dark, without a mark of dirt or dust. The way the A/C is set up is a little different as well. The new truck also uses a different model of radios that we haven’t used before. The turret hasn’t changed that much and is pretty much like the normal style turrets, not the turtle shell type.

We spent this afternoon switching all our gear from our old Humvee to the new one. We’ll be taking the new truck out for a spin tomorrow. I’ll post some pictures of it soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger membrain said...

I've really enjoyed reading your blog Pete. I'm glad you're going home to your boys soon. Thanks for serving in Iraq. Enjoy the new Humvee. Stay as safe as you can.

9/29/2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

Thanks. I'm glad I'm going home soon too. Iraq has been fun but it's soon time to go. I can't wait to get home and the first thing I'm thinking of doing is going out to eat dinner.

I'll enjoy the new Humvee while it lasts. It's nice to know that we get to break it in.

9/29/2006 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter