Friday, September 29, 2006

A Drill

Maybe it’s short-timers disease. I’m almost like my roommate. I don’t feel like doing anything. Even an easy mission sounds daunting at times. Well, I didn’t have to worry too much this morning. We were getting ready to go to the IZ. I had got up an hour before link up like I usually do. In the mornings when I get up I brush my teeth and shave my face. I got dressed and had some cereal from my little stash of food and snacks. I didn’t make it in time for chow this morning so I had to eat whatever I had in my room.

I got all my shit on and carried everything including my .50 cal out to the truck. It was going to be the first time we were ever going to take out the new Humvee. T-Rex still had problems setting up the new radios but he’s learning. I’ll try to see how they operate them at a later time. We were already getting set to leave when this Sergeant from the unit comes out and tells us that the mission has been canceled. It’s funny because then The Colonel started saying that it was a drill. We were too slow and we would have to do it again tomorrow.

I don’t know what happened to me this afternoon. I just felt so drowsy all of a sudden. I ended up napping all afternoon. I woke up around 1730 and felt like getting off my ass. I didn’t want to waste the day sleeping. I had to do something. I went to the gym to do a short workout and to dinner afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter