Friday, October 06, 2006

The Bullshit We Have to Deal With

I think I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. The hardest thing to deal with over here isn’t the insurgents or the living conditions; to me it’s the politics. It’s all the rules they place on us. I can’t complain much because I’m not supposed. Sometimes I could understand and agree with some of the regulations they place on us and other times I think that we’re being micro-managed. And sometimes I think it’s ridiculous. For example, today we were told we were going to have some instruction on proper use of force. OK, I’ve been here since December of 05 and in the field that whole time and now, right before we’re getting ready to leave we’re going to have this kind of class? And to top it off it’ll probably be by a person that has less experience as a gunner in the field then I do. So, in essence, someone who hasn’t done my job will tell me how to do it. Great. At this point in the game we should be getting briefed on how to readjust with civilian life and adjusting to change and demobilization.

I received an apology from the Platoon Sergeant during lunch today. I can’t talk much about it but he said that he was sorry for not helping me earlier and he never understood. I’m glad he finally realized the situation. It was about time but at this point, I don’t care anymore. I’m proud of myself for dealing with all the bullshit that I’ve had to put up with. I never thought it was fair but I was able to deal with it and drive on. I’m still here and this mission is almost over. It’s almost time to go home, and now most of us are looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter