Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Middle of The Summer

Well, how can I describe the month of June? It was hot, dry, clear, and sunny. The hottest it got was somewhere around 117 degrees. I’d say the average high was around 113. We’ve all worn out, mostly because of the sun. Boy that sun really puts some wear on us. It doesn’t help with all the gear that we have on. It would be nice if we could go out with shorts and t-shirts. Then it’d really be cool.

As for the guys, they’re getting worn out. I think it’s because of the heat mostly. Our job isn’t too hard. I, myself, hate waking up early in the morning. Another thing is being out in the early afternoon. I hate dealing with the unbearable heat. The evenings are really, really pleasant. They’re almost nice. The sun usually rises around 0600 hours here and doesn’t set until about 2000 hours. So you could see it makes for a really long day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Enjoy the days as much as you can. Pay attention to the details but try and catch the big picture. Your on most likly the biggest adventure (don't hit me for using that word, you will appriciate it in a few years) you will ever have.

Having a blog is a good way for you to keep a record for yourself, all I had when I looked back at my "adventure", were some strips of cloth, an old uniform and some letters I had written to my Mom, that she had taken care to save for me and my grandkids.

Continue the Mission.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

7/01/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

Thanks Papa Ray and thanks Pondering American. It's nice to know that your rubbing the 90 degree temperature in. Just kidding!

7/02/2006 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter