Tuesday, October 10, 2006

For Sale

Last night I found out that we’re moving next week. We’re moving out of our cribs and into tents. It’s a change that makes it seem more and more like things are moving along. It’s really starting to feel like we’re leaving pretty soon. I didn’t realize how soon it was until I looked at the calendar and noticed that we actually have less then a month here. WOW! I can’t believe it. Less then a month and I’m sure it’ll come by in no time.

So, I tried to come up with a plan so start packing and shipping my stuff. It’s time to start sending my junk home and selling the stuff I can’t take home. Before I was able to go to the PX to buy a Gorilla Box I had to go to the motor pool and wash one of the Humvees. We have a vehicle inspection tomorrow because of the change over of units.

At the PX I ran into a solider that had a drawer in the register line. So I asked her how much she was paying for it. She told me $25 and I told her I have one exactly like it that I would sell for $5. Obviously she wanted it but couldn’t come to my pad to pick it up. I guess her unit just arrived and she didn’t have any ride except for the local bus transportation that makes rounds. The only other way for her to pick it up would’ve been for her to walk all the way to my side of the camp.

So I offered to deliver the drawer set for $7. I was happy to get rid of it and was willing to drive wherever. Once I got to her pad I had to find out where her room was. The minute I got there someone else was asking me how much I wanted for the drawer. I told them it was already sold but I had plenty of other stuff to sell, mostly my roommates stuff. Their unit had just got her today. So now I don’t have to worry about selling all of my stuff. I told her to ask around to others in her unit and see if anyone else was interested in anything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Less than a month.
I've sent a Halloween card recently. Have you had a mail stop???

10/10/2006 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete I've been 'lurking' by alot:) but not commenting,sorry...so figured it was time to say 'Woo Hoo', so glad you are going home soon! And once again, what a pleasure your blog has been to read.
And,as always, Thank You, for the job you've been doing!

10/15/2006 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter