Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Birthday Peter!


Today is my oldest son’s birthday. It’s also my birthday. He turns 9 and I turn 32. Yes, we have a birthday on the same day. I consider him my birthday present. I’ll give him a call in a little while since it’s still early over there. I hope he likes the birthday present I bought him, a Nintendo DS. Happy Birthday Son!

32 years. I can’t believe it. I’m 8 years away from turning 40. It’s weird because I don’t feel that old. I still feel young and some of the guys think I’m in my 20s.

I was amazed that no one personally said happy birthday today. Heck, I didn’t even get the day off when others did. Sometimes I’m kicking myself in the ass because I don’t say anything. I think its pride. I didn’t tell anyone but I did expect at least my team leader and platoon sergeant know about it. It’s not like I went around telling everyone it’s my birthday. I think it’s the first birthday in my life where no one has personally said Happy Birthday. I did get a few e-mails and letters so I’d like to say THANK YOU to those who sent me an e-mail or snail mail greeting.

I decided to treat myself to a birthday treat after I finished dinner. I was so stuffed after eating dinner that I skipped the cake and just went for ice cream.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you and your son. He is your special birthday present. Gees you think 40 is old??? Not anymore. You probably will have to work until your 80th B-Day for SS. If it is still around. Happy B-Day to two great guys.

8/08/2006 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! DANG 32? WERE GETTING UP THERE, HUH? ..ANJELIC

8/08/2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Happy Birthday to you Sgt Pete and your adorable son Peter!!!!!

Your not getting up there, yet. Age is just a number.

I have been thinking about you lots and you are always in my thoughts. Hoping for the time for you to come home is speeding ever so closer.

My other half (aka Sniper) just returned home from Iraq a few weeks ago. A lot earlier than we expected, but wounds and Policical BS will do that to one.

Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sgt Pete!

8/08/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

Happy birthday a day late! I just got back from my brothers wedding in Nebraska, it's my mom's birthday today.

stay safe
God bless

8/09/2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger kbug said...

Happy Birthday to you and your son...and yes, children truly are a gift...the best gift ever. I'm a bit older than you are, but I don't feel my age either. As a matter of fact, I had the best compliment from my daughter-in-law this weekend. We were boating on the lake with the family. We were in the tube together, screaming and laughing as the boys gave us a rough ride when she said, "This is so awesome. I don't know any other person your age who would go tubing." That just made me laugh, because I never really grew up. I look older on the outside, but don't feel a day over 20 something..... :)

8/09/2006 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter