Saturday, August 05, 2006

Where did the day go?

We had an early mission today. Fortunately we finished by 1000 hours. It sucked because I had to get up so early. Well, I guess it’s not too much of a problem except for the fact that The Big Man and me stayed up late last night. He said that he was tossing and turning last night. Doesn’t surprise me. He sleeps all day, no wonder he’s not going to be able to sleep at night.

Another thing I can’t figure out is how some of these guys get up so early in the morning, especially when they don’t have to get up. I’ll get up at 0300 hours and walk to the latrine to shave and brush my teeth in the morning. It’ll be dark outside and pretty cool too. I’ll drag my body, half asleep, to the latrine hoping I don’t walk into anything. Then I’ll notice that there’s someone already up, just hanging out. What the heck? Are they getting up early to see the sun get up? It seems like it because they get up early every morning! They’ll sit around and chat while having a morning cigarette. They’re nuts!

Another thing that gets me is the people that get up at 3am to go running. What the heck? You won’t catch me running at 0300 hours in the morning. Forget that. It’s not like it’s the only time they’ll get to run. They’re plenty of people here that will run in the afternoon regardless of how hot it is. Heck, I’ll even find people running at 1300 hours when it’s like 110 degrees out. Won’t catch me doing that. I’d probably end up passed out on the pavement.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know why but you don't sound like a morning person. I enjoy reading your updates each day. Your adding the temp site is great. I'm always curious as to how HOT it is.

8/06/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

Thanks Pauline! I figured people would want to know what the weather is like over here.

8/06/2006 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter