Saturday, July 08, 2006

PT Test

We had to take a PT test this morning. I was in charge of coordinating and running the event. The bad thing was that I also had to do it. It wasn’t hard to run the PT test and take part in it at the same time. I actually did pretty good, scoring around 268 points. That’s not too bad. The max score is 300 and the minimum to pass is 180 with 60 points in each event. The minimum number of points in each event is 60 and the PT test is made up of push-ups, sit-ups, and a 2-mile run. The points depend on your age and gender.

I was second best of those of us that took the PT test today. There wasn’t too many of us, just six. I was a little impressed with how I performed. I did 67 push-ups, 78 sit-ups, and ran 2-miles in 14 minutes and 05 seconds. That’s not too bad for a 31, well almost 32, year-old like me.
I tried to race to the chow hall afterwards to make it in time for breakfast. I was hoping that the mess hall would still be open when we finished. All that strenuous activity caused me to get hungry. I ate a heavy breakfast, ham and cheese omelet, hash browns, bacon, and orange juice. It wasn’t what I typically eat for breakfast but I figured I’d binge after a good outcome. It was my reward. I did regret it later when my stomach was punishing me for what I ate. I knew I ate too much and too unhealthy. So I ended up skipping lunch so my stomach could digest all that greasy food.I got so tired after that PT test too. I don’t know why it happens but every time I do it I feel so relaxed and tired afterwards. I tried taking a nap until my roommate came over from lunch and started cleaning the room. I guess it was time for a GI party. We haven’t thoroughly cleaned our room since we moved in. We moved furniture, swept dust bunnies and dirt, and mopped the floor. We also cleaned out and wiped our mini-fridge and wiped the walls. The place was filthy and it was time for a good cleaning.
This evening we had a platoon barbeque. It was nothing spectacular and I really wasn’t in the mood for attending. I don’t know why. I just wasn’t in the mood. I didn’t feel like socializing or eating. Maybe I’m getting sick of these people or maybe I’m getting tired of them. Maybe it was the fact that it was a mandatory thing. Perhaps I’d join if they invited whoever wanted to show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter