Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day

No firework show over here. It’s just another day. I’m sure the 4th was on all of our minds though. But mainly, it was just like any other day.

I bought a soccer ball when we went to the IZ. I planned on throwing it out to the kids. I know they were asking for one because when we drive by them they yell, “Football! Football!” while make kicking motions with their hands and legs. When we drove by them I raised my hand to show them the soccer ball. They’re eyes lit up and joy filled their faces. They were eager to fight over the ball, which they did. I threw it out and it went right beside this 9 year old girl. That’s when this 11 or 12 year old boy ran over to her and tackled her. They started fighting over it. There was a little dust cloud in the air and they wrestled to the ground. I didn’t get to see who actually got the ball because we drove off but it’s a good bet the boy got it. I don’t think it matters because women aren’t allowed to play soccer over here. They’re like second class citizens.

This afternoon the PL rode with us. On the way back to or camp I played a trick on him. I thought it was funny. He was sitting in the back of our truck when I noticed that his head was tilted back. I couldn’t see his eyes since he was wearing some dark tinted shades. I figured he fell asleep so I passed my hand in front of his face. “Only two seconds!” He says. He meant that he was only closing his eyes for two seconds. Yeah right! Sure! He was knocked out. I started giggling after that.

3 Comments:

Blogger kbug said...

Only two seconds, huh? lol I bet you guys are tired all the time with the schedules that you keep. I know Seth works 12-hour shifts 7 days a week and very seldom gets a day off. When he did get a day off a couple weeks ago, he didn't know what to do with it..... :)

7/04/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

Yeah, he was lying. I didn't care though. I just wanted to catch him sleeping. We had a long day yesterday, probably close to 12 hours. I'm glad we don't do it every day.

7/05/2006 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the only fireworks were what we shot off here in Indy on the 4th Pete. Hope all is well and things are safe. How is the Beanie Baby distribution going. Have you gotten rid of all of them yet?

Take care and be safe.
God Bless,
Paul

7/06/2006 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter