Sunday, July 09, 2006

Communication Problems

I don’t know if it’s just me or what. It just seems that word doesn’t get communicated around here. Well, I’m glad I had the opportunity have dinner with the Platoon Sergeant today. It gave me the opportunity to let some things out. Dinner always does seem to be the best time to chat. I don’t know why. I didn’t get to everything that was on my mind, I didn’t want to overload the table. I mainly brought up the issue with communication problems. We sometimes didn’t get orders or instructions. The other day I was supposed to order uniform patches online and wasn’t notified until the deadline.

We went to the IZ again this morning. On the way out the gate again I heard an explosion. I think it was more of a mortar round this time. It was either that or a bomb. It exploded in a village to our left as we were going out. Again, a cloud of grey smoke rose into the air. It was nothing significant and it did not interfere with any of our operations.

I was dead tired this afternoon. I got back to the crib around 1430 hours. It was an early day and I was glad. I previewed a few Hadji DVDs that I bought in the IZ. I was planning on going to the gym to do a little work out but my body was telling me to rest. My roommate was watching a movie at the time so I just laid back in my bed and took a nap. Around 1730 the Platoon Sergeant was banging on my door. He wanted me to help him with the PT (Physical Training) test records. Oh great, more work. I figured I’d help the guy out since he’s not that computer savvy.

We went to chow first and then, afterwards, I spent a good 90 minutes in his room inputting scores into his laptop. I wasn’t happy about it but I wasn’t about to voice my opinion. I’d rather be watching a movie, reading a book, or posting this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter