Friday, August 11, 2006

Moving

Thank God I’m not. Some elements of our platoon are moving. I can’t mention where, just yet. I might be able to do that, once we get back. The guys began packing their stuff today. Some of the guys packed everything they had. I don’t know why they did that. We were told it’s only temporary but I guess they didn’t care. They didn’t want to leave anything here. I was a little hesitant about leaving some of my personal belongings here myself. The crazy thing is that a lot of us are going to be leaving with more stuff than we came here with.

My team is going too, of course but we’re not staying. We’re just going to spend the night over there. Up until yesterday I thought we were staying too. I found out when I asked The Colonel if there was any suggested packing list and he mentioned, “For what?” For what else I thought, the move. “Didn’t you hear? We’re not going. I told you three days ago.” Yeah right I thought. Three days ago he told me we were going. It was just another lie that just makes me mad. The good thing is we’re not staying.

1 Comments:

Blogger kbug said...

Well, I guess it's a good thing you didn't want to move...since you didn't. Every now and then you get lucky when you're in the military and you get what you want...not very often, but every now and then. But then again, you're always the last to know, too. Sounds par for the course..... :)

8/11/2006 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter