Sunday, November 19, 2006

Readjusting

Well, I’ve been home for a week now. As everyone may be able to notice, I haven’t blogged much. That’s because my wife wants me to spend more time with her and less with the computer. It’s either her or the computer so I chose her. I won’t be blogging any much anymore either, maybe once in a while.

I’ve spent the last week eating out almost daily. I knew I would when I got home. The weather here in Phoenix has been absolutely beautiful. It’s been in the upper 70’s, lower 80’s all week. The skies have been clear and it’s been mostly sunny. I haven’t spoke too much of my buddies since we’ve all finished our post deployment. Most of the guys are planning on going on vacations and spending some time at home with their families.

One of my buddies was throwing a party last night. My wife and me were going to go but I changed my mind at the last minute. I didn’t feel like driving all the way to the west side of town to drop off the boys with Grandma and then drive all the way to Mesa. It was just too much driving and I didn’t feel like driving all over town.

Right now I’m trying to get readjusted. I just bought a cell phone this week and I’m still trying to learn how to use it. I also have some other things to do like call Tricare, visit the VA medical center, and enroll in the spring semester at Gateway Community College.

As far as everything right now I’d say it’s going pretty good. I’ve been spending lots of time with my boys and my young one is always telling me that he loves me. They both missed me and I missed them too. We have a bunch of catching up to do. When I left John hardly spoke and now he’s talking all the time. He’s also very, very into his Nintendo Gameboy. I have to find out how I’m going to get him to put it down and give it a break.

4 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

Glad you are home, with your family, safe and sound! Enjoy!

Thanks for your service and sacrifice.

God bless

11/21/2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger kbug said...

It's always nice to hear from you guys after you get home...to know that all is well and you'er getting back into the swing of things. I don't blame you for eating out everyday, but don't pass up that home cooking either. Enjoy yourself!!!

11/21/2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Rico said...

It will take time for your feet to reacquaint themselves with your proper desert. Every day, when you wake up, just think "I am here, I am not there". Glad you made it home, my friend. You can now, as my grandfather's generation said about their war (the War to End Wars; it worked so well), "put down your pack" and pick up your life again.
See you.

11/23/2006 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are home Pete. Danielle and Stephanie still pray for Sgt Pete and his men every night. Lately they have added a Josh and Pete to their list of soldiers. I guess one of her classmates has an uncle over there and a couple of his men got hurt so their whole class has adopted them with cards and letters and Christmas gifts.

Hope things go well and that you finish your degree. Think of the difference your service made and the children you affected over there. Take care and if I ever get out your way I'll try and meet you.

Paul

12/01/2006 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter